Friday, April 23, 2010

Today's Reading - April 23, 2010

Judges 1:1-2:9
Luke 21:29-22:13
Psalm 90:1-91:16
Proverbs 13:24-25


Question of the day: Why were the Israelites unable to drive out the people with the iron chariots, after God had promised he would be with them?

We have to remember that when Joshua relayed that message from God, it was only if they would follow God faithfully and live according to his promises. The answer can be found in Judges Chapter 2:1-3:

"The angel of the Lord went up from Gilgal to Bokim and said to the Israelites, 'I brought you out of Egypt into this land that I swore to give your ancestors, and I said I would never break my covenant with you. For your part, you were not to make any covenants with the people living in this land; instead, you were to destroy their altars. But you disobeyed my command. Why did you do this? So now I declare that I will no longer drive out the people living in your land. They will be thorns in your sides, and their gods will be a constant temptation to you.' ”

No comments:

Post a Comment